Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Holy Carp! I've gone down 10 dress sizes!

I'm 44F Irish and today went to Marks & Spencers to see if anything in the regular clothing range fitted me yet. I'm down 68 pounds but am still wearing my old clothes. They are getting very very baggy but I'm just too scared to try anything smaller.

I go to regular shops every few months, just to see if anything fits me yet. Usually I would go to the plus size store or section. Any time something fits me, I think they must have made a mistake with their sizes. That they must be very generous with their measurements.

Today I tried on a size 16 pencil mini skirt. Size 16 here is size 12 in the US. Ok, it had a stretchy waist but it fit.

It fit.

I tried on a size 18 top. (14 US) and that slid on too.

I bought them both before I could doubt myself. (€60 sheesh!!) but I really don't know if I would have the confidence to wear them.

I used to be buying size 26 and only was able to get those sizes online. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm ungrateful, but all I can see is the fat woman in the mirror and just cannot see or accept the almost 70 pound weight loss.

My friends and SO see it and say I look amazing but I just think they are being kind. I don't know how to get rid of the obese woman inside of me who is stopping me from being brave enough to wear something that fits.

I started writing this as a yay - I've dropped 10 dress sizes, but I'm just too hard on myself to believe I actully look good.

Sorry for the rant, but can anyone relate?

submitted by /u/Nimmyzed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YjHwwM

No comments:

Post a Comment