Thursday, July 11, 2019

How to be satisfied with my weight loss and stop moving the goal post?

Hello r/loseit! I need some help.

28, female, 5'3", starting weight 197, current weight 137.

Over the last 11 months I have lost 60 lbs and gone from obese to a healthy weight. Originally my goal was to lose 40lbs. I worked very hard on my fitness and self control towards food, and it paid off. I lost the 40 lbs! But strangely enough after rejoicing for a few minutes all I could think about was losing more weight.

So, I told myself I would lose 20 more lbs. I continued on my path and I have succeeded in losing the additional weight. Great, right? I would have thought so too. But sadly now I am overwhelmed by a feeling that it still is not enough. I want to lose 20 more lbs. I think I could safely lose 20 more but that is it. But my real issue ...

I don’t feel satisfied with how far I’ve come. Why??

If I step outside myself and look at the situation, I can’t imagine I’ll ever be satisfied if losing 60 lbs of body fat hasn’t made me happy! When will it be enough? Or more accurately, how do I stop wanting to move the goal posts on my weight loss? How can I accept myself the way I am now?

Does anyone have advice on how to start eating for maintenance rather than weight loss? I feel a lot of guilt around eating (I’ve been a binge eater since childhood) but have used calorie counting as a way to ensure I’m being “good”. I think I’d still like to continue that, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to get away from striving for a calorie deficit if I keep logging my food/calories.

Any advice? How to stop moving goal posts? How to accept myself? How to eat for maintenance? I am so lost.

submitted by /u/HorrorThis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LhJ4oY

No comments:

Post a Comment