Thursday, July 11, 2019

I've never been prouder of myself and needed somewhere to share.

When I got on the scale on January 2nd (the scale didn't show up until then) I was 322lbs. I had lost a bit of weight last year but didn't dare get on the scale until this year.

Any way, I had a goal i set for myself to get down to 250lbs by the time my planned vacation happened which was June 26th-July 4th. i missed the mark by 20lbs (i knew it wasn't a realistic goal but that's why it's a goal) and was 270 by the time I got on the plane. I spent a week eating, drinking and WALKING. Oh my god the walking. my fitbit was buzzing by noon that i had hit my target steps for the day. We went to Lisbon Portugal, which is known as the city of 7 hills. and i walked up and down them all. i expected to come home from the trip 5-10lbs heavier from all the wine and bread, the pastries and the shear amount of octopus I managed to shove into my face. Flabbergasted is the best word i have for when i got on the scale and it said 270. 270! I didn't gain any weight on vacation. 6 months of conditioning myself to walk all the time before going away paid off in dividends. My girlfriend, who has also been on the weight loss journey with me also came back the same weight.

I would still like to hit 250. Hopefully by the end of the summer. I really want to go to the water park and that's their maximum weight limit. Plus, at 35 I don't think i have been that light since i was 17 or so. I haven't set an ultimate loss goal for myself. when i was 322 i didn't think 250 would be doable, but this morning it's only 15lbs away. I think when i get there I'll eat/workout at maintenance for a bit, and figure out the next goal. i don't want this to be a yo-yo experience and as i'm at about 60lbs down so far this year I need to make sure i can maintain my progress.

tl:dr I went on vacation for a week and managed to not gain any weight. thanks for letting me humble brag.

submitted by /u/standardalias
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JE74iD

No comments:

Post a Comment