Friday, July 19, 2019

How to deal with negative comments about my weight loss?

So after 5 months of intermittent fasting and light exercise I'm finally getting towards a weight I'm happy with, and I can tell my body-shape has changed. I've always been a healthy weight but I was getting a little excess flab so I decided I wanted to lose 8-10lbs. I've now reached my goal and I'm super happy, although I still could do with toning up a lot.

Anyway, recently a "friend" told me she thinks I've lost a bit too much on the face and that I looked better when I was a little fuller. This really upset me because I thought I was looking better than ever but apparently my face appears "gaunt" to others. I'm fairly certain this is just because they're not used to the change, as they've never known me this way before. But still it does sting a lot.... I feel like the weight I am now, is how I'm naturally supposed to be, so why would someone want me to be bigger?

I also get grandparents telling me I've gone too skinny and I need to eat more, which is annoying because it's not like I don't eat or I'm underweight. I'm just actually healthy right now and it seems like most people in my life have forgotten what that looks like. I'm 30 years old, 5'5, 125lbs with a body fat percentage of about 25% and a BMI of 20-21. Hardly cause for concern!

Has anyone else experienced negativity for losing weight? How do you handle comments like this?

submitted by /u/HawaiianPropaganda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32EWgcD

No comments:

Post a Comment