Friday, July 19, 2019

The final straw...

Hello loseit,

I'm 33 years old female and 350+ pounds. I have always been kind of to a lot overweight. I would try fad diets (Atkins, subway etc) but if I'm honest I never really really got serious about weight loss.

My doctor told me recently that I have lymphedema in my right lower leg. For the past 4 or so years my legs have been swollen and I didnt have a doctor so I chalked it up to being fat. But nope, my doctor suspects lymphedema or edema and has put me on lasix.

This has hit me hard. For some reason I always thought that I could and would someday lose weight and do all the things I want to do. Hike around Scotland, Spain, British Columbia. Meet a guy, get married maybe... wear nice clothes... I lived happily off of that fantasy. Now I feel like my world is different. I've been told that people with lymphedema can't wrap their own leg effectively (non-reliable source) is this true?? It can't be...

People with lymphedema, has weight loss made it better? Is it something that can be managed (with help from experts). can I wrap my own leg?

I've started using myfitnesspal. I'm eaten better then ever. Exercise is slow progress, but I'm going on short walks and doing leg circulation exercises.. and my doctor (lucky her) is about to become my closest friend.

Any wisdom and support would be very helpful right now...

I would be happy to log my progress. Consider this my week 1 progress post.

submitted by /u/ElNorthernCanadian
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JRr5lZ

No comments:

Post a Comment