Wednesday, July 10, 2019

I’m getting married Saturday! I love my dress and I’m proud of myself. Still a ways to go.

February of last year I had lost 25 lbs. I gained half of it back, got engaged in August, and didn’t discipline myself. By January, I had gained back 20 lbs.

I don’t count calories. I have mild OCD and while I know it works and have lost weight hat way in the past, I get obsessive about it in a way that’s not healthy for me.

I lost that first 25 by doing 80% paleo, 80% of the time. I made better food choices, I tried to be more active and it came off slowly but surely over the course of a year.

I did Whole30 in January and quit smoking, so not a ton happened there. I tried keto for a while but it was no miracle for me and I didn’t feel healthy. I went back to Paleo this last month.

The last time I weighed myself was a couple weeks ago and I was only 2 lbs off my original weight loss. I stopped weighing myself before the wedding.

Because I feel good and I’m making good choices. I don’t need the scale to confirm or deny that. Today I wore a shirt I’ve never been able to wear confidently and a pair of jeans that have been sitting in a drawer for the better part of a year. People at work are noticing. I’m going to wear WHITE JEANS to an event tomorrow night.

I tried on my wedding dress today and it was perfection. I still have 20-30 lbs left to lose to feel my best, but I’m beautiful.

And I’m going to keep going. I’m not going to fall back into old habits after the wedding. I keep thinking about where I’d be now if I’d kept going. I want to know what that feels like.

Love yourself at each step of your journey, and keep going. You’ve worked too hard to do it all over again.

submitted by /u/dam_the_beavers
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xFxXgJ

No comments:

Post a Comment