Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Vulnerability of weight loss

In the past 2-3years, I’ve gradually lost 30lbs. I first started to lose weight when I started orange theory and really focused more on changing sizes and seeing my body tone up. That was when people really noticed I went from being a young post college party girl with drinking weight to growing up and really living a healthier lifestyle.

Then, in the last year I’ve lost another 10lbs truly not trying. I was diagnosed with different medical conditions that made me have to change my diet to a vegan diet for health reasons; I cringe when people think going vegan or vegetarian is a weight loss solution. I had 3 different surgeries and removed a lot of inflamed organs. People ask if I’m “still just doing Orangetheory” or “has going vegan made you lose weight”

My weight loss journey has really been more unique when coupled with a difficult health journey. I’m really struggling with the added attention I’ve been receiving about how great I look.

I love a compliment and appreciate the genuine encouragement from those that know my journey. However, I’ve had people really try to dig deep asking what I’m doing. Does anyone else feel this can be so intrusive? I know I look healthy and strong and I’m really proud of myself, but how do I kindly express that I’m not a nutritionist or fitness expert. I work hard and show up every day, but I feel like people can put you on a pedestal and it makes me feel so vulnerable to the eyes on me.

TL;DR: has attention from significant weight loss made you uncomfortable? How do you handle it?

submitted by /u/KellyPerry25
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S8vtAJ

No comments:

Post a Comment