Tuesday, July 23, 2019

I'm halfway there whooooaaaaoohhhh! How I finally overcame myself.

For the last ten years my attempts of weight loss have been fads & hype. I would measure my waist, hips & belly, then start crushing water & begin exercising. After a few weeks I would get tired, take a weekend off, and gain it all back. I lacked discipline in multiple areas of my life.

About a year ago I saw a video of myself at work & that was my moment to spark the change. Only this time I knew I needed REAL change, lifestyle change.

I began my weight loss journey at 260lbs (118kgs).

I cut out beer & sodas (I still drink liquor in diet mixers). This is the only change I made until not ordering beer was engraved into my routine. -Down to 250lbs/113.6kgs

Next, I cut out fast food. Again, this was the only change I was making at that time. After about 2-3 months, I didn't even look at restaurant signs on the way home from work. -Down to 240lbs/109kgs

Third, I started meal prepping. I bought a propane grill for $150 bucks & started grilling once or twice a week. I don't ALWAYS eat meal prepped food, but it's nice to grab & go. I work 3rd shift so it's especially convenient at 4am when the only thing open are 24hr fast food joints. After 2 months it became a routine. -Down to 230lbs/104.5kgs

My last change has been the most effective strategy, but also the easiest thing I've done. I'VE STARTED READING LABELS. I don't calorie count or have a food journal, but just reading the back of the label opened my eyes to how many calories are in certain foods. It helps boot me back on track when I'm about to destroy a platter of cheese fries or eat my way into ice cream coma. It makes it easier to step back & say "hey, don't go crazy with this." -Down to 220lbs/100kgs

I want to point out one really important thing. I have not exercised once. I'm not saying exercise isn't important, it obviously is. Most of us have heard "you can't outrun a bad diet", this is true. And although I could have lost more weight by exercising while making these changes I decided that I want to do one thing at a time. For people like me who have struggled to be disciplined, this was huge for me. I don't want to overwhelm myself. Small changes are working for me. My next step is to begin exercising, but if you can only do ONE thing, start with what you put into your body. If you trip up, it's cool. Nobody's judging you for it. Just get that diet drink next time instead of the regular one. Eat the cereal or soup in your cabinet instead of the fast food. You don't have to go crazy with weight loss. Slow & steady is going to win your race.

My knees aren't popping as much anymore. My feet don't hurt when I get off work. My posture is a little better. My skin is a little clearer. My hair is looking better. I can see my toes. My clothes are more comfortable. I'm getting looks from the ladies at the grocery store now, and guys too (heyyyyooo). I'm halfway to my goal weight of 180lbs/81.8kgs

Not every choice you make regarding your diet & weight loss journey has to be perfect, it just has to be a little bit better than the choices you've been making. Don't forget, SLOW AND STEADY WINS THIS RACE.

submitted by /u/BigBootyJudyWiper
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M5SR0U

No comments:

Post a Comment