Saturday, July 6, 2019

Is weightlifting stalling my weight loss?

Hi everyone! For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been consistently weightlifting for 3x a week. I also do HIIT at least once a week. I’m also calorie counting and keeping my calories at around 1600. Recently I’ve been frustrated because while my bra band has gone down a size and my clothes fit better, I’m still stuck at 217 lbs (in February I weighed 225) . I’m obese so I thought this would be enough to make me lose some weight. Talking to some people, they said water retention from weightlifting can sometimes mask weight loss, especially since I’m new to lifting. Is this true? I don’t want to make excuses for myself I just feel stuck. I don’t want to quit lifting because it’s the only exercise I’ve consistently stuck with and loved, I’m just frustrated. Also, I would like to mention that the other day randomly I weighed myself at my friend’s house and I had dropped to 209 and then two days later was back to 217. Does anyone have any tips or reassurance? Should I just be patient?

submitted by /u/bemnistired
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RWY8J7

No comments:

Post a Comment