Tuesday, July 9, 2019

I’ve got the physical science of losing under control - it’s the emotional on the journey I need help with

I’m really obese, about 130kg, 5’10, female. I know the science of losing weight, what, how and why different plans work, etc and how exercise fits in.

What I struggle with is when I start losing I don’t like it being noticed. For example, being told, even after dropping 10-15kg “...dropped some weight, you’re looking good...” and variations of. As soon as it is noticed I start eating crap once again and add back what I’ve just taken off. I’ve never been in my correct weight range whole life. I don’t advertise that I’m losing or attempting to lose.

I’m not comfortable with, even at my age of almost 50, the thought of looking good or being noticed.

Where should I turn, what should I read, any suggestions? I do have bipolar that is pretty much under control with meds. If I’m having a small depression I don’t even think about weight loss etc, just get through it. I’m stable/normal mood at the moment and have been for a while.

submitted by /u/BillieTheBusdriver
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YIm31j

No comments:

Post a Comment