Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Lost 76lbs put 15 back on, post weight loss struggles....

Hello all I started my journey at 308lbs then proceeded to loose 76lbs over 12 months. I then maintained for around 6 months and since then my weight has gradually crept up.

I lost my weight cutting down to 2000cal and cycling 2-3 times a week.

Currently I lift 3 times a week religiously with some light cardio to warm up. On a “good day” I’ll eat 2000 calories currently

For the past 6 months life has conspired against my weight loss from family dinners to holidays and special occasions I have very much been in a mindset where it’s okay to treat myself or start again tomorrow way of thinking. Every Monday I step on the scale and my weight is slowly creeping up again. I know what I should be doing and I know I’ve done it before but I’m having a really hard time implementing it. I still get compliments from people who haven’t seen me for a while on my weight loss and tell me I’m doing great..... I feel like I’m lying because I’m not really doing that well.

I don’t know weather to call in binge eating or what else to refer to it as. I get in this manic state where I can’t stop eating. I don’t seem to get full and I can just eat and eat and eat. All I think about when I’m dieting is food.

It’s almost like I know I’m treating myself and I need to make the most of it as I really need to get back on track soon before I put it all back on.

My diet 9/10 days doesn’t change from what I ate to loose weight still lots of lean meats and veggies very little processed food but I eat LOTS of it. Most days I save 1000 calories for my evening meal just to feel satisfied

I must also add I’m 6ft3 and of broad build If I would have lost any more weight at 230 I would have looked Sick..... in the bad way....

How can you change your relationship with food? My background growing up was get it while you can as there’s 6 hungry mouths to feed. My family don’t eat bad food it’s just quantity.

People talk about forgiving yourself and getting back on it but I’m having a hard time with it.

Thank you if you’ve got this far for entertaining my ramblings I just needed to empty my head in an attempt to sort myself out.

Awnsers on a postcard.......

submitted by /u/jimmybegoode
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gh592J

No comments:

Post a Comment