Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Low/No Calorie Mint Options

Thanks so much to all of you - you've been a huge inspiration and have helped me make it through 1/3 of my weight loss journey so far.

I'm a 6'5" 35/M so I'm doing CICO, limiting myself to 1800-2000 kcals per day. Problem is, I also quit smoking about 2 years ago. I quit with nicotine lozenges, and then quit those as well about a year ago by switching to Altoids or other sugar-free mints. I still chomp mints like crazy and would prefer not to stop, as when I try to stop I get very tempted to smoke again.

I never bothered to count my mint calories, they're just some sugar-free mints? Must be negligible.

Nope. Started tracking those and turns out I'm ingesting 50-200 kcals of mints per day! Plus, now that I really think about it, the ingredient list for lots of these mints is pretty complex. I'm also trying to generally eat simple, plant-based foods and 50 altoids/tic-tacs per day doesn't really line up with that.

But, I NEED MAH MINTS. Honestly, I just love having a strong pepperminty taste in my mouth often. I drink 10 20oz water bottles/day so it's not an issue of being thirsty.

Has anyone faced this problem? Any suggestions? I don't really like that most of these mints are quite sweet, I don't need a sweet taste, just a strong minty taste.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/heyallsagan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YkCzrr

No comments:

Post a Comment