Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Losing Weight To Fast? ( 20 y/o Male ) Advice?

( This was reposted here by advice from people in the r/weightwatchers sub reddit)

So about three months ago I started on my WW (weightwatchers) Journey for some much needed weight loss.

For a bit of background:

I'm a 20 year old guy with a height of 6' 2" ( 188cm). Before starting WW my diet was absolutely terrible, I was living away from home for school and was not in the best place mentally which caused me to frequently binge eat things like pizzas, pastas, cake like foods, bread, etc. My starting weight was 340lbs (~154kg) as measured by my family's old bathroom scale. Even though I weighed this much and had a lot of fat on my body I wasn't inactive.I had a sizable amount of muscle mass and I've always had a very broad shouldered build.

Starting out:

Since starting I've moved away from home for work and with my new settings made a bunch of drastic life changes. I've gotten into cycling and bike about 14km 2-4 times a week weather permitting, taken up walking/hiking on the weekends, and done a complete 180 in terms of my diet. My diet now consists of a lot of fresh meats and vegetables, soups, yogurts, stirfrys, etc. And the weight really seems to be coming off now. I don't often hit my smart points target but generally I'm eating low point foods and avoiding un-necessary treats during the week. But to be clear I feel full and don't feel like I'm under eating.

Fast forward 3 months:

I've lost nearly 40lbs (18kg). Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with my results so far and plan to continue for as long a I can (my goal weight is ~200lbs), but I'm concerned that maybe my weight is coming off too fast. 40lbs over the 12 weeks since I've started averages out to about 3.3lbs/week, which seems reasonable for a person of my size, but its my last few weigh ins that have me a little concerned.

Here are all my weekly weigh-ins since I've started:

340 (day 1)

(skipped this week for some reason)

335.5

323.9

328.4

323.2

327.5 (Bought a new and more accurate scale)

325.7

322.4

320.5

(went camping)

312.9

306.3

301.2 (last week)

The jumps of 5-6lbs/week have me thinking that maybe I'm losing weight too fast. I had assumed that by three months in my weight loss per week would have stabilized around the 2-3lbs/week mark but it doesn't seem to be slowing yet. I'm mainly concerned about getting more loose skin than I would if i was losing slower. So I wanted to see what all of you think, maybe some of you have some experience with this? Let me know.

submitted by /u/ItsYaBoiNick4456
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2y9GF7c

No comments:

Post a Comment