Sunday, July 7, 2019

Moving down clothing sizes is the motivator I needed!

I’ve [F/22/165lbs] lost about 25 pounds in the last 5 months and sometimes I have trouble recognizing the physical changes my body has undergone. I had my family vacation last week and all the week before I was super down on myself because when I began losing weight I was hoping to have lost more weight/ made more of a transformation than I did by the time I went.

I was on vacation with my family and we all went into a local store. I decided to pick up 2 t shirts from different stores. In the first store I bought a small and then when we went to the second store I bought a medium, the size I wore before losing the weight. I felt like I was being overly confident in my weight loss by going down a size.

Clothing sizes have always been something that freaked me out, as I have been overweight practically my whole life. In high school I wouldn’t buy anything if the medium was too small. In college as I gained more weight I would have to buy larges which would crush me. Lately, I’ve been working on not letting sizes be my barometer of how healthy/fit I am, because I know it’s just something I’ve made up in my head.

When we returned home from the store my sister saw the medium and asked “Why did you buy that size? It’s going to be so big on you.” I was a bit taken aback and said that I wanted it to be oversized. Later that day I put on the size small t shirt and she said “See, that size fits you!”

While I know that it’s a bit superficial for me to feel validated by something like that, the recognition that I HAD made a transformation was just the motivator I needed to hit my workouts harder to hit my goals!

submitted by /u/a-s-a-p-sav
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YyRs6l

No comments:

Post a Comment