Tuesday, July 9, 2019

my weight loss journey (keep forgiving yourself!)

I’d been on the bigger side since mid highschool after being a stick thin kid growing up. My eating habits were horrible, I ate next to nothing healthy, with daily visits to fast food establishments and the school canteen. Although, I put the bulk of my weight on during my first year at University. I was pretty depressed, didn’t take care of myself or think highly of myself at all. Had no personal hygiene, or drive to do anything really. My highest recorded weight was 100kg

A few weeks before my 21st birthday in 2016 I decided I wanted to lose some weight before my party and enquired into joining a gym.

Upon enquiry, I was told this gym had a lock in contract for either 12 or 18 months. I made an on the spot decision to lock myself in for 18 months. I decided if I was spending the money, I would make an effort to go.

I successfully lost 4 kilos for my 21st and felt pretty on top of the world, but didn’t stop there. Over the course of 18 months I went on to lose 27kgs, hitting 73kg! (I’m now on maintaining: and trying to get into strength training to tone up)

I think the best advice I could offer weight loss wise is to forgive yourself, and keep forgiving yourself (something I’m still learning to do)

I went to the gym about 3-5 days a week training cardio (treadmill on highest incline), and always had one day a week where I’d allow myself a “cheat meal” (note: not a binge) This could include a pub meal, high fat meal, dessert, whatever. There were instances (and still are instances) where I binged, and all of those times I’d wake up the next day, forgive myself, and keep going.

The worst thing you could do is feel sorry for yourself, and continue to binge for days on end.

Weight loss isn’t a journey that ever really finishes, rather a healthy outlook for the rest of your life

Here is a before / after pic (Sep 2016 / July 2019

I’m now the happiest I’ve been in my adult life!

Highlight of weight loss was noticing the face changes - couldn’t wipe the smile off my face for months!

As mentioned earlier, I’m now looking at beginning strength training to tone up so any advice on beginning that would be greatly appreciated :)

submitted by /u/swaanky
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JnkxMY

No comments:

Post a Comment