Friday, July 5, 2019

Never ever ever stop feeling hungry

A variant of this probably gets asked a lot but I haven't found any advice that's worked and I'm getting really desperate. I've been trying to lose weight for 5 or 6 years now, and I keep losing about 10 lbs, maybe 15, and then eventually just totally losing any willpower/discipline/motivation and gain it all back pretty quickly. The core of the problem is that, regardless of how much I eat, unless I eat like 3000 calories, I just feel really fucking hungry. I can just power through at first, but after months of constant hunger every day that never lets up at all, I just can't take it.

I've been doing keto for about 4 months now, because I heard that it helped a lot of people with hunger, but it hasn't done anything for me. I'm currently eating 1500 calories a day, <20 g carbs, >100 g protein, and am careful to meet vitamin and electrolyte levels. (For reference I'm 20, male, 6', 195 lbs.) Even after months of keto I'm still just miserable and tired all the time. And it's not the size of the deficit; I've tried eating maintenance with keto for several weeks and I'm still painfully hungry. I've talked to my doctor about this and he basically just shrugged and scratched his head and said he couldn't figure it out (after he did some bloodwork).

Does anyone have any advice? I don't think I have any chance of significant weight loss until I get this figured out, but I'm getting very desperate--my weight and my unhappiness with it is damaging just about every part of my life, and the idea of not being able to be happy with how I look in the near future is destroying my motivation for everything. Thanks!

submitted by /u/maladaptive_monad
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jrvj3k

No comments:

Post a Comment