Monday, July 22, 2019

[NSV] I ate healthy on a road trip!

I had to share this victory, because I went camping to a festival last weekend and I half expected by steady weight loss to stall. Camping and festival life is a trigger for me for all sorts of unhealthy behaviors - drinking, eating poorly on the road, stopping exercise. But I came out of this weekend feeling victorious!

I promised a friend I would accompany them to a festival ages ago, and when the time came I honestly wasn't thrilled to have to follow through. I had tons of stuff to finish at home and there was a heat advisory for the weekend. But my planning skills kept this weekend in a positive light for me!

Eve though we were driving all day, I didnt eat fast food. I planned the food I took so that I always had nuts, celery and beef jerky to eat. I kept myself from snacking in between meals, and even though the camp was serving communal breakfast and dinner and I didnt have control over what they fixed, I stayed on my low carb diet and focused on veggies only.

Not only that, but I packed my running shoes and actually followed through on running while I was there! I got up at 7 and ran a mile while my friend was still asleep.

Now that I'm back home, I weighed myself to see that my weightloss has continued and I'm 1 pound lighter than the day I left.

Planning ahead was huge for this. I planned on sticking with my diet and I planned on taking my running gear. I'm realizing that lack of planning is an excuse that I use, and now that I know I can always be prepared I feel so much more in control.

My friend has habits similar to my old ones and I see my old self in her. She got candy to eat on the road, she would get seconds of dinner to save "for later", she drank a lot of really sweet alcohol and suffered through hangovers. She is overweight but we don't discuss it. I am just happy I no longer have the same habits.

submitted by /u/time4turnaround
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Lxlkx3

No comments:

Post a Comment