Monday, July 8, 2019

NSV: Ran 50 miles

First, stats 22 year old M, 5'11 SW: 220 CW: 168. I took a different path through this weight loss thing. Everyone here says diet is way more important than exercise to losing weight but I love eating, and I wanted to see if I could lose weight through exercise only. In college, the freshman 15 became the freshman 40 and I realized on vacation when I couldn't keep up with a 70 year old on a hike that I was pretty out of shape and overweight. So I started running. At first it would be run a mile walk a mile then run another and these miles would be really slow. But I ran 6 days a week and slowly pushed myself further and further. After4 months my long run on Saturday got up to 15 miles. After 6 months I was able to get to a 50k, albeit very slow. Yesterday, I ran for 11 hours 6 minutes and finished my first 50 miler. I cant walk right now and am in excruciating pain. But I still can't believe that I went from struggling on a 10mi hike to running 50 mi and wanted to share my accomplishment with other people. Strava pic for proof: https://i.imgur.com/uKrTzBw.jpg

submitted by /u/sheel44
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xLiifX

No comments:

Post a Comment