Monday, July 8, 2019

[NSV] Ran Almost Five Miles Yesterday!

I've been on this weight loss journey for almost two years now, and at the start I spent a lot of time on the treadmill at the gym. I would do a run/walk for about 30 minutes, which usually ended up being around 23 minutes of 4.2 MPH and 7 minutes of 6.3 MPH. I gave it up because I felt like I wasn't making real progress and my feet would get very sore. I eventually turned to lifting because I saw more progress and it was less high impact.

Well, friends, eighty pounds later and I started running again a couple of weeks ago. The strangest thing was that even though I hadn't ran seriously in more than a year, I was already better the first time I got on the treadmill. Not having to carry around all that extra weight made the whole thing easier. I did about 15 minutes of running (6.5 MPH) and 15 minutes of walking (4.2 MPH). I've been running about every other day since, and I keep getting better. Around a week ago, I managed to run the whole 30 minutes and ran 3.14 miles.

Yesterday, I decided to set the time for longer because I had been reading on /r/running that increased distance is the best way to train. I ran 6.5 MPH for a FULL 45 MINUTES! I am so shocked that I was able to pull it off. When I hit the 45 minute mark it ended up being 4.87 miles.

Anyway, my legs are pretty sore today, but I am still so shocked I managed to accomplish what I did. Real change is possible! I even registered for a 5K in August, which I'm really looking forward to (which is something that would shock my former self).

submitted by /u/MountainBrookTrout
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G0BSsS

No comments:

Post a Comment