Saturday, July 6, 2019

Suggestions for workouts from home?

I have an interesting situation: high anxiety keeps me at home a lot of the time. I don't drive, but I do love to go on walks; however, there are no gyms within a reasonable walking distance of me, and I'm not sure I'd be able to overcome my anxiety enough to make going to a gym a regular thing.

A little about me: I have moderate PCOS. I feel like PCOS has been more of a blessing for me health-wise than a curse, because my body is incredibly sensitive to the kind of food I put into it, so I try to be more aware of my eating habits... but I'm still an obese gal. In the MFP app, I have to set my calories at what they call 1.5 pounds lost a week in order to lose half a pound -- or at least, that's what it used to be. I went through a stressful situation which resulted in a dramatic lifestyle change and some poor eating habits for a few months, put all the weight I lost back on, and now that I'm back on track with healthier eating and calorie management, I'm finding the weight comes off even slower than before. I do OMAD or IF 16:8 most days along with CICO now, and I'm not gaining anymore, which is great! But progress is so slow that I'm losing motivation: i was stuck at 222.2 for weeks and it was a frustrating time. (and yes, I was counting everything: every cracker snacked, every tsp of oil used for cooking -- even ketchup! And all with my trusty food scale.)

I compared my lifestyle from when I was first losing weight to this time and realized my physical activity was a lot less than what it used to be. I tested this during a long weekend trip I took last weekend: I switched to OMAD + a snack and a coffee and I walked everywhere, averaging about 15,000 steps a day as opposed my usual 3k. A few days after I got home, I checked my weight: 220! As of yesterday, I'm at 219!

I love walking, so I'm trying to do it more and even started up my Pokemon Go account again. I also signed up with Daily Burn. It was integral to my weight loss regimen the last time I worked on myself; I love that app. Normally I go with the beginner workouts, and those are pretty cardio heavy, but I enjoy cardio a lot.

However, I have PCOS, and that introduces some added complications. Cardio every day isn't recommended for people with PCOS, and that's primarily what I use Daily Burn for; I intend to continue cardio workouts once or twice a week with walking as much as I can, but I need something else in there, too. Strength training is recommended, but I don't know what equipment I need for it or what workouts to follow! Yoga is also recommended, and Daily Burn has plenty of that -- I'm off to get a new yoga mat today.

What workouts would you recommend? What equipment? Any advice helps, and if you have PCOS specific advice, that's even better!

submitted by /u/its_called_life_dib
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YCjGNF

No comments:

Post a Comment