Saturday, July 6, 2019

What DIDN'T work for you? Which diets did you try and say "stuff this!"

Everyone seems to have an opinion on the best way to lose fat, and we spend a lot of time talking about what DID work for us, but we don't often talk about the things we tried and said "stuff this!" What are the diets that you hate, and why? What were the solutions to those problems?

For me, it was fasting and keto. I seem to have an unusually low threshold for fainting if I don't eat. If I don't eat breakfast, I'll faint by lunch time. Similarly if I don't eat lunch, I'll faint by dinner. The solution to that was switching from 3 main meals to six small meals per day. I also HATE the feeling of being hungry. Can we please take a moment to acknowledge that it's pain? My tolerance for pain is pretty low, particularly hunger given it's voluntary. Intermittent fasting was never going to work for me, and I'm glad I ignored other people's recommendations and did what was right for my body.

The other one was keto. I never intended to try keto, but I LOVE meat, and cutting down on calories meant that I unintentionally without realising it cut out carbs for days at a time. There were a few times I got sick, and my doctor eventually realised it was from not eating carbs for a week (the so-called "keto flu.") Now I make a conscious effort to eat a small amount of carbs every day to prevent a repeat. I have a friend who is heavily into keto, and is trying to convince me that keto is the only reliable way to maintain weight loss. I am so sad for her; she is missing out of the joys of carbs for a reason that just isn't accurate. I'm glad I've never followed her advice.

submitted by /u/16car
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XNt57F

No comments:

Post a Comment