Sunday, July 14, 2019

Trying to Figure Out How To Start Again

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker on this site for a while now, and thought it's about time to post something.

I (24M) have been trying to lose weight for around six years (CW: 215, GW: 180), and have actually gone on diets since 2016. My diets generally just include eating healthy and not over-eating (most importantly logging what I eat), but often my mind becomes my worst enemy. Sometimes I'll binge on something and I'll want to punish myself by eating more, and then I quickly lose all progress I've made.

My diets usually involve a greater lifestyle switch, so I'll be more on top of cleaning my room, more eager to wake up in the morning, up for more unexpected and active plans. I'm not sure which begets the other, the lifestyle or the healthiness, but I see them as integral to each other. And I find that if I exercise for a day, I'm much less likely to binge on foods for that day. So, while I know exercise isn't as important for weight loss, I know it's personally important for me, mentally

My trouble is finding the ability to keep motivating myself. After going through multiple efforts in which I've lost 15-25 pounds, the prospect of starting up again and keeping it up is tough. How can I make myself go to the gym? How can I stop finding excuses in every little thing I can? How can I promise myself that this will be the time?

I know this may be a little rambling, but I would love any advice at this point. I hope to provide updates as soon as I can, but would really appreciate anything that might push me over the edge.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Haykline
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Z28l9y

No comments:

Post a Comment