Sunday, July 14, 2019

At the beginning (again) of my journey & I have a few questions abt back pain and water retention

Hello loseit!

I've been yo-yoing for years and started CICO seriously again this year (thank god for LoseIt and its cute little food icons. I am a fickle b**ch). I am down 16 kg now, hurray! I have a few questions about a couple issues I've been having like crazy water retention and back pain and I'm wondering if it resonates with anybody.

Before I start, a few facts about me:

Female, 27, 160cm / 5'3

SW: 131kg / 288lbs

CW: 114kg / 251lbs

GW: 55kg / 120lbs

About water retention:

  1. There are basically only 6 days in a month where I don't have a crazy amount of water retention going. Here's what my weight loss progress looks like on Happy Scale (for those of you not familiar with the app, the little dots represent the weight my scale showed me, and the line if the app's attempts at smoothing out the curve)

Anyone in the same boat? The first month was really hard because I felt depressed at stepping on the scale and seeing no progress for weeks, especially since being so heavy losing weight shouldn't be hard yet (I've done it many times before without this weird water weight thing). Now that I've been doing it for a few months I've gotten used to it, but it's still not ideal. So my question: anyone in the same boat? Did the crazy water weight eventually go away permanently after losing more weight? And before you ask, I make sure to drink lots of water every day (usually no fewer than 2L / half a gallon) and it doesn't appear to make a difference.

2) About a couple years ago and seemingly overnight, my feet got really swollen and the only way for me to be able to wear shoes right now is to wear closed shoes that I don't lace up very tightly. I used to love wearing sandals and flats but I can no longer do that since if my foot has "room to expand" when I start walking, it does and looks hideous. I feel like there are maybe circulation problems happening because of all the fat in my legs? Again, anyone in the same boat? Did it go away after losing weight? I went to see a doctor and all he said was "oh yes women sometimes have swollen feet it's totally normal" and like... I was 25 when it first happened, I shouldn't have my feet get so big from walking that I can no longer wear normal shoes... Anyway.

About back pain:

So around the same time I started getting the foot swelling from hell, my lower back also started hurting (I was working 10-hour shifts at Chipotle at the time and couldn't sit down ever, that's probably what caused it). Ever since then, my back has been really sensitive and if I walk for a bit (say 20 minutes) it'll start hurting. If I wear heels it also starts hurting after a while. Obviously I am still really heavy and I know some back pain due to that is normal, but I've lost sight of what is to be expected and what isn't considering my weight has gotten so completely out of control in the past few years (before 2017, I'd never gone above 110 kg / 240bs). So again, anyone in the same boat? Like, has anyone gotten out of the obese range and found their back pain gone? I miss hiking :(

Thank you if you've read this far, and have a good day/afternoon/evening wherever you may be x

submitted by /u/loumi02
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ShUMjZ

No comments:

Post a Comment