Monday, July 8, 2019

Women of Loseit: Shrining Boobs and Mammogram PSA

I recently had an abnormal mammogram and had to have additional diagnostic imaging. Having lost a lot of weight, my boobs are a mere shadow of their former selves. It never crossed my mind to mention this to the tech before the screening mammogram or the diagnostic imaging. The radiologist was confused when comparing my former imaging with the current imaging and asked me if I had a breast reduction. I told her it was due to weight loss.

She said weight loss can profoundly impact breast density and the ability to read the mammogram. She showed me a side-by-side comparison of the images and in the the new image of the now-smaller breast had a lot more structural detail in it. The old mammogram, from when I was overweight, was more solid in appearance.

So, for those of you whose boobs are shrinking, make sure you tell the tech before your mammogram! It will help avoid a lot of confusion on the part of the clinicians.

Edit for Title Typo: I have not had enough coffee yet and apparently can't spell Shrinking. No one has ever made a shrine to my boobs.

submitted by /u/PoogieLA
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jo0Rsl

No comments:

Post a Comment