Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Low RMR on In-Body? Is slow metabolism a thing or just an excuse?

I had a couple sessions with a private trainer during winter break and I did an in-body scan, which, in case you're unfamiliar, measures the muscle and fat percentage in your body parts, determines your ideal weight and among another things calculates your Resting Metabolic Rate.

Mine turned out to be 1300kcal. I'm 20f, 5'3"/160cm, ~136lbs/62kg. According to online calculators, this is pretty low, the trainer said so as well. She advised me to never eat under 1300kcal a day and eat about 1600kcal on days when I exercise.

I usually do some form of exercise every day, back when I got this measurement, I was playing volleyball 2-3 days a week for several hours and lifting weights.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Every time I try to read up on it, I see that "there's no such thing as slow metabolism and it's just underestimating calories and overestimating exercise". Has real slow metabolism caused issues with your weight loss?

submitted by /u/Luminis_The_Cat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aAq9Pd

No comments:

Post a Comment