Tuesday, May 4, 2021

My BMI is NORMAL!!!!!

For the first time in my adult life, for the first time probably ever, my BMI is normal. At 164 at my height, that gets me to 24.9. BMI isn't that important to me, and it marks 11 lbs lower than my original goal weight set by my doctor, but I wanted to prove to myself that it was possible and that it's all in my control. This past year of weight loss just can't be put into words. I'm happy I made lemonade with lemons during the pandemic, and it's weird to think about that had the last year not forced me to make lifestyle changes, I may not have found the motivation, or the motivation that I found may have come much later, potentially too late for me. Now as we slowly return to normal, I'm ticking up my calories, still being mindful, eating and drinking a bit more, but keeping up with my exercise, keeping a 200-800 calorie/day deficit depending on the day, and slowly (very slowly now) but surely, the progress is accumulating.

The last time I was this weight might have been fifth grade if I'm being honest. I know I hit a size 40 pants and a weight of 192 in sixth grade, I now wear a size 33 and am about half a foot taller than I was back then. If you were or are like me, just remember it is all in your control. You will need to develop a you-specific routine that works for you, and for me that was counting calories, never lying to myself about what I was eating, developing mindful habits, will power, and never surrendering to old habits. As time went on and new habits built, it became much easier. And now here we are. This is life now, and I couldn't be happier. Keep losing, everyone!

submitted by /u/MarlnBrandoLookaLike
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gZxIVu

No comments:

Post a Comment