Thursday, September 16, 2021

Fruits & Veggies… the secret to weight loss?

Okay I know there is no “secret to weight loss”, but I’ve been counting calories for a few months now and noticed a few things…

1) I think way too much about food when I count calories and it makes me want to eat more 2) I don’t do well when I’m hungry, and I’m often hungry even when I get the appropriate amount of calories 3) my body prefers the same volume of food daily, no matter what it is 4) the only days I was staying under my calorie count were days when I ate a ridiculous amount of fruits and veggies

So after 6 mo of trying calorie counting and finding it too difficult, I’m trying something new: 5 cups of fruits and veggies a day. (Inspired by the attached article) Otherwise… not worrying about what I eat.

At the beginning of this week I bought a crap ton of baby carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, strawberries, peaches and plums. I split them into 1 cup bags and put them in a container at the front of my fridge.

The first two days my stomach hated me (I expected this reaction to the fiber but it was BAD). Now I’m used to it.

So far, I haven’t hit my goal once because it’s SO much food, and it’s really helping me not eat junk, or if I eat junk, I eat very little of it.

Anyways… has anyone else here done something similar? Any tips or tricks? Any favorite veggie or fruit dishes?

Washington Post Article on Fruits and Veggies

submitted by /u/bubblylioness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kgNwEv

No comments:

Post a Comment