Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Is there a significant difference between walking a lot at once and walking for smaller distances, but multiple times a day?

I am a 24yo male (5'8", 190 lbs) and I want to set a goal to reach 20,000 steps every day but I also work full-time at an office job, so it's hard to find that time to walk. Also, I'm not trying to walk a bunch in the morning and after work because I personally find long extended walks quite boring, so I figured I would try taking some shorter walks every hour at work.

Would this be as effective for weight loss as walking all of that in one go, or are there big differences? I know that there are other variables, like how fast I am walking, but is there a significant difference between walking close to 20,000 steps in one walk and taking 1,000 steps every hour?

submitted by /u/2gus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38PZVsx

No comments:

Post a Comment