Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Question: Dealing with others'positive comments

Hi r/loseit community, I've been lurking quite some time in this sub and could use some perspective / opinions.

I am almost at my GW (SW 120kg / CW 75kg) and have received multiple compliments and encouragement over the past 1.5 years. Recently my own mother said to me (sighing) "You look so thin."

It kind of threw me off and I've been hung up on that comment since last week. Somehow my brain hasn't registered my weight loss or I can't simple deal with my new body image in front of others. I am not comfortable in my body, still trying to reach a certain weight threshold, yet I know I will probably will never be satisfied, due to permanent changes (loose skin etc.) to my body.

How are you guys/gals dealing with self image issues and compliments? I struggle between self loathing and borderline narcissism.

TL,DR

Can't deal with compliments, how do you feel after/during huge weight loss?

submitted by /u/Resonance2708
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3u1TZGD

No comments:

Post a Comment