Thursday, September 16, 2021

QUESTION: How did I lose the weight, exercise or diet?

Background, I spent two years in Mozambique, Africa, serving a religious mission. While I was there, I lost around 40 pounds and thinned out substantially. Since being back, I have put some of that weight back on. I'm trying to pinpoint what exactly helped me lose the weight while I was there so let me explain what I think it could've been

Exercise: I walked AT LEAST 8-10 miles a day, every day, for 23 months. This is where I'm guessing most of the weight loss came from. It was also super hot and I lived in sweat.

Diet: So everything I ate was super fresh, homegrown, and nothing processed. But also 80% was fried in soy oil and I ate rice every single day... I only ate 1-2 meals a day, but they couldn't have been that healthy, because 90% of my meals were accompanied by a Coke.

I'm sure it was some mixture, but I've tried to eat similar foods to what I ate there and work out consistently, and I've only GAINED weight. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/menino_muzungo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hG53o2

No comments:

Post a Comment