Friday, September 10, 2021

Starting to plateau: how to prevent stalling?

Hi folks,

I have lost around 33 pounds in the last two months by counting calories. I'm eating around 1500 kcal. daily, and I'm also doing a little bit of exercise. I'm still very heavy, at 315 pounds, and anything more involved than 30 min of light cardio leaves me totally pooped and prevents me from sleeping well.

I've been losing around 3 pounds per week, but the last two weeks I've lost half that. Last week I had a socially-imposed cheat day, but this week I was dieting and exercising strictly. I suspect I'm starting to plateau, which I dread because I have very low tolerance to frustration.

Is reducing my calorie intake/upping my calorie burn really the only way to escape a weight loss plateau, or can it be caused by something else? For what's worth, I stopped taking Lexapro cold turkey around a month ago and I've slept like crap since - I'm currently on benzos for sleeping but I'm stopping them on sunday. It's going to be real hard to increase my calorie deficit as even my doctor said I shouldn't be eating just 1500kcal per day and I'm not yet fit enough to do much more exercise.

Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Beneficial-Society74
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VtZ39V

No comments:

Post a Comment