Sunday, September 19, 2021

Weight loss with chronic illness/pain

Hi all! I'm hoping someone can relate and offer me guidance. I have a few chronic illnesses that cause regular pain and exhaustion. The most problematic are chronic migraines. They're literally 24/7. It's very rare that the head pain dips below a 6. Working out makes it worse, intensifying the throbbing pain, to the point I end up in bed sometimes with the blackout curtains closed. Plus the exhaustion from always fighting the pain and/or being in the prodrome phase. Some migraines also come with stomach issues, where the only things I generally can keep down are bland carbs with a very uniform texture. Ramen noodles, mac and cheese, etc.

I'm at a loss on how to lose weight. I realize a huge workout and diet program isn't feasible, but there's got to be ways I can do this. So, I'd love to get feedback from people in similar situations. And yes, I do see a neurologist. I've been dealing with this for over 2 decades. No treatment has really helped, so I can't say "when I feel better I'll work on my weight". That day is most likely never coming, so I've got to be proactive where I am.

Thank you for reading this!

submitted by /u/crys1348
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tW4PhA

No comments:

Post a Comment