Saturday, September 18, 2021

What should be the realistic expectation for weight loss through exercising?

Hi everyone!

Two weeks ago I started going to the gym because I want to lose 50lbs. (At the moment I weigh 190lbs.) I go to the gym five times a week and go on the elliptical and treadmill for 30 minutes.

I noticed that within the first week I lost a lot of weight (went down to 186lbs.) Within the second week I felt like my legs were really sore, to the point where I couldn't move. I rested for a day until I could go back. I weighed myself after my rest day and I gained all of my weight back.

I did some online research and I found out that I'm currently building muscle?? Something of that sort where the muscle fibers are breaking and repairing so that I can become stronger. I'm not quite sure what is happening but I'm feeling more bloated than I did on the first week.

I'm going to continue my workout regime, but I was wondering what should I expect realistically in order to lose weight? Right now I'm noticing that my weight is fluctuating like crazy (I'm on a vegetarian diet right now as well to help with the weight loss) so I'm not sure what is happening.

*Also I just had a quick question, would being on a calorie deficient diet help me lose weight faster in addition with my exercise routine?

submitted by /u/wonderfulworries
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Xs7T90

No comments:

Post a Comment