Sunday, May 8, 2022

Just a few questions I have regarding my recent progress

Hi, I hope I'm not breaching any rules here as I am fairly new to posting, but I've been a little conflicted with my recent progress and I wanted to get some thoughts from others. I have a few questions in general, but first my stats are 21M 5'11 252lb. I usually work out at least 3-4 times a week lifting weights and stay at least an hour or more per session. I do not do cardio at the gym but my job does have me on my feet for 8 hours a day (retail).

Lately I have been on a weight loss plateau for about a week, bouncing between 252 and 250lbs, no more, no less. I have plateau'd before but that was because I was not staying on track, this time I am and it's confusing me. I use the cronometer app to track my food and it seems I've been pretty consistent with eating 2500 cals a day from before April 15th down to 2100ish on average now and I don't cut anything out (& I weigh and measure everything I can). This past week I've been eating about 2200 cals per day. I have a few suspicions just from lurking and researching, and they are:
- Water retention? I have been massively sore from my high volume workouts this past week and still am
- Calories too low and my metabolism dropped? (Idk, I'm new to this stuff)
- Maybe I should eat more protein? I eat around 140g-ish on average daily

I feel like the obvious answer is to drop my calories more, but it doesn't sound right that someone my size should be eating below 2k calories a day to lose weight since my TDEE is 2.5k + exercise. I may be wrong though and feel free to correct me because I am still super new to the logic/science behind weightloss stuff and would love to learn more. I also understand that weightloss being 1-2lbs per week is pretty normal, but in my experience it's been a lot faster so I was pondering what might be the reasoning behind this stalling of progress.

Another thing is I've been wanting to make lifestyle changes that will help me keep the weight off in the future and I've been looking into mindful eating- so another question I have is should I eat if I'm not hungry even if my cals for the day would be like 1300?
I would like to mention that I am trying to build muscle while losing weight at the same time, or at least that is what my trainer has in mind, which is why I was wondering whether it's okay to drop calories even further if I want to gain muscle? Will my hunger balance out the calories naturally?

Sorry for the big post, my lack of knowledge, and the disorganized clutter of text, but thank you to anyone reading through and leaving a reply. I really appreciate it!

submitted by /u/Fit_Style_1684
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nGxyie3

No comments:

Post a Comment