Monday, May 9, 2022

Officially down 100 lbs

It's been a long and hard journey to get to this point. I weighed in about 2 years ago at my heaviest ever, 366 lbs. I started my medical transition as a trans woman and weight loss journey not long after that. I started off with small changes, eliminating sodas and trying to limit my portion sizes when I would eat, but wasn't seeing all that much success, hindsight, I wasn't in much of a calorie deficit. I joined Noom in the middle of 2020, and was pretty heavily into it. Counting every calorie, and going for more walks, and after a while I was going on 5-6 mile walks around my neighborhood regularly. Eventually I was able to get down to right around 300 lbs at the beginning of 2021.
Unfortunately my ex and I decided to start our divorce stuff right around then and I fell off the bandwagon hard and gained back 35 lbs. in the following few months and stopped participating in Noom. (yay depression /s) After seeing the scale slowly start climbing back upwards I made another commitment to myself to not let my weight keep going up and I got a gym membership and started working with a personal trainer 1 or 2 times a week. Doing a mix of cardio, weight training, and occasional HIIT workout, in combination with guided dieting has made more of the weight come off and I got under the 300 lb. mark in November of 2021.
I struggled with some personal health issues and plateaued for a bit when I got into the 270s and stayed there for a few months. In recent weeks I've switched from more strict calorie counting regimen to doing 18-6 intermittent fasting and have busted through that plateau and today when I stepped on the scale it read 266 lbs.
I still can't believe that I've made it this far in both my medical transition and my weight loss journey (2 years HRT on 5/19!!), and my life has improved immeasurably because of both. I've done a weight loss visualization and found 100 lbs of things around my house and tried to pick them up and really struggled with it, and I can't believe I used to carry that around all the time. It's been a lot of hard work, and I still have a ways to go, but I still can't believe how far I've already come.

submitted by /u/Typhlobreon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/01mvoAg

No comments:

Post a Comment