Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Slowly but surely I am seeing progress

I just wanted to post my current journey to encourage anybody who may be currently struggling. Also, selfishly, I want to tell somebody about my progress and it can’t be my family because they are very negative about weight related issues.

So, Jan 2021, I was weighing in at 250lbs. The highest I have ever been. I was super unhealthy, stressed, and pre-diabetic. My doctors constantly warned me if I continued on my path, I would most likely develop diabetes. Additionally, I am a teacher so I was constantly busy, grabbing whatever I could find to eat, and not really paying attention to if it was healthy or not. Also, I was battling extreme depression and anxiety.

Fast forward to May 2022, and I currently weigh 219lbs! My goal weight for myself is 180lbs. I am so proud of myself. So very very proud. I went to my doctor today and they were very impressed with my progress. Friends and coworkers have started commenting on my weight (I really wish they wouldn’t because we are more than our weight). It’s not been easy. When coworkers ask me what I am doing, I say eating better and working out. They don’t like that answer.

I’ve been overweight all of my life and my family has constantly told me I will never lose weight because of our genetics( they are all overweight).

So what did I do? I started with Noom because I had no idea on how to do this.

I completely overhauled and changed my eating behavior thanks to Noom. I learned why some foods keep you fuller than other foods so I stocked my house with healthy food that would keep me fuller.

I do count calories in my fitness pal. I try to work out 30 minutes 4 times a week. I do Zumba, bike riding, and elliptical. I want to add in weights but I get bored doing that.

I have since quit Noom because it’s costly and once you do all the course stuff it’s a calorie tracker with a coach and group support system. However, halfway though my Noom courses, I lost my group for some reason and never got added to another one.

So yeah that’s my journal. I set my weight loss goals in like intervals. So long term goal is 180. Current short term goal is 210 then 200, then 190, then 180.

Will I make it? I hope so. I’m going to keep working. This sub has been a huge help to my current success so thanks ya’ll.

submitted by /u/mswoozel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/juetVyQ

No comments:

Post a Comment