Tuesday, August 2, 2022

how do I convince my family that my weight loss is not an ED

To make a long story short I was my heaviest when I was nine months pregnant I was 173 pounds. 6 weeks after she was born I was 150 pounds and for 2 years I hovered around 140 mark. I'm only five feet tall so my bmi said I was borderline obese. My doctor suggested I loose some weight as well because I had pre-diabetes when I was pregnant. I know 150 doesn't sound like an unhealthy weight to most but I have a really small frame so the extra weight was a lot.

I worked my ass off and now I weight 114 pounds. My family however is really concerned. They have asked me again and again if I have an eating disorder and they are constantly trying to force me to eat junk food and over eat. My mom is trying to convince my husband I have an eating disorder because I only eat one item of candy or junk food in a week. I also get really sick if I eat a lot.

I also am self conscious of the loose skin I have around my mid section. I can't afford surgery nor would my husband and family support it. They say it's a badge of honor and some have even told me if I gain some weight back it won't look so bad. It hangs down like and I have to high wasted pants to it doesn't spill out of my pants. My family also sees my insecurity as a sign that I have a disorder.

I hate that no one has really celebrated my weight loss with me and that everyone sees it as a bad thing just because I only lost enough weight to go from overweight/obese on the bmi to normal.

submitted by /u/wifeofafirefighter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/0HpAt2a

No comments:

Post a Comment