Monday, August 8, 2022

I think this is where I stop

I’ve been on a weight loss journey ever since I was a child. I’ve always been a taller and bigger girl, and for essentially my entire life, I’ve been self conscious of my weight. My mother used to say negative things about her body, and so even as a child, I’d look at my belly and my thicker thighs and think the same.

When I was 13, I tried going on a diet to finally look like the girls all around me. I played sports, but I hated being the biggest girl. I tried doing it with my older sister, but I didn’t last. I ate too little. I didn’t know how to lose weight sustainably, so I failed.

I tried again—over and over—to lose weight over the next few years in an attempt be ‘normal.’ Last year, my volleyball coach gave me a challenge to run 2 miles everyday. He did it to push me, and I’m forever grateful for that moment. It made my rethink everything. Over the past year, I’ve lost ~40 lbs, and for the first time in my life, I’m at the high end of a healthy weight.

But I think this is also where I’m going to stop.

Over the summer, I’ve tried to drop more weight in the same way I always have. But I think my body is happiest where I am now. When I try to go into a deficit of even 100 calories per day, I have no energy. I tried doing a month of maintenance before going into a deficit again, but the week I did, I lost all of my energy.

However, it’s the same in the reverse. Putting on weight from where I am makes me uncomfortable and sweaty. I’m not lean. I have thick, muscular thighs with big calves, and my waist is 29-30”, but I’m healthy. I’m the healthiest I have ever been.

It’s hard because I still want to be lean, but that’s just not my body. I’ve made peace with that fact. My body wouldn’t be happy at any other size. I think that’s something a lot of people don’t consider when losing weight. Sometimes, your body may be happiest at a slightly higher weight, and that’s okay. The important thing is doing what’s best for your health. I have good habits, and that’s all I can really ask for.

submitted by /u/Uearie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zq0cfXb

No comments:

Post a Comment