Tuesday, August 2, 2022

i’ve fallen back into my BED habits

i’ve been on my weight loss journey since january. it took me awhile to actually see results because i was trying to figure out the right deficit and what worked for me. i finally started seeing results and it was the best feeling ever. i lost 30lbs and im really proud of that. but i’m still so far from my goal weight. i’ve suffered from binge eating disorder for a very long time. at least 6 years. i honestly can’t remember when it started. i’ve been working really hard to overcome these bad habits, but the past three months i’ve fallen back into these habits and stalled my weight loss. i cant get out of this mindset. i hate living in this cycle and i want to get out of it so i’m making this post to admit my problems and hold myself accountable. i know what i need to do, but i really struggle with self discipline. i get the urge to binge and i have to keep telling myself that i’m not actually hungry, i’m bored or upset or stressed. i know that binges are going to put me in physical pain and even more emotional pain. i know that there are other ways to deal with what i’m feeling, but i give in every time. i need to find a way to not give in to these disordered thoughts. i downloaded the app i am sober last night and decided i’m going to use it to keep track of how long i’ve been binge free. hopefully seeing how long my streak is will motivate me to keep it going. i also know that fasting (not eating until later in the day) is what works really well for me. it prevents me from just eating and binging the whole day and i feel that it keeps me more mindful. i’m going to start fasting again tomorrow. i feel awful and ashamed and i no longer want to feel this way. i want to feel proud of myself again so i guess i’m making this post as my day 1 post to hold myself accountable and motivate myself to get back on track. if anyone has any advice or just words of encouragement it would be much appreciated <3

submitted by /u/Most-Caterpillar7291
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/XF30Zwo

No comments:

Post a Comment