Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Need advice from those who've had spinal surgery

Hey everyone,

My names Tammy I'm 29F from Brisbane Australia. I started my weight loss journey at 118kgs (260lbs), I started losing weight by dramatically decreasing my carb intake (50g or less a day) along with my sugar intake. I increased my weekly exercise to 3-4 gym sessions a week not including any daily walking, which was anything up to 10,000 steps a day. By doing this I managed to lose 30kgs (66lbs) over a total of 2-3 years but as of June 2020 I had my first spinal surgery after a long 8 year wait and then I had a spinal fusion in July 2021.

Since my 2 surgeries it has been so, so hard to find my motivation and energy to exercise again and I miss it so very much but I don't know how to get my mojo back. I've put nearly every kg/lb back on that I lost and it is so disheartening knowing that I can do it because I've done it before, but it's proving to be quite a challenge.

Can anyone who may be/have been in a similar situation offer any advice? Im trying to get to the gym 2 days a week at the moment but mix the lack of motivation and energy with crazy anxiety over going to the gym it's making it hard to stay consistent.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Tammz1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wElaj9F

No comments:

Post a Comment