Tuesday, November 1, 2022

I'm a short woman, only 5ft2 rounding up, and to lose weight I can only eat around 1200 calories a day and that's the problem.

Just as the title says. I've been struggling for five years now to try and shed a couple stone of weight and I've gotten absolutely nowhere..

Because I'm so short, my calorie amount each day is only around 1200 in order to lose weight. Basically it feels like I can barely eat anything, all I can have is either two meals of 600 calories or three meals of only 400 and that's without anything extra in between, it feels like nothing and doesn't leave any room at all for error. A can of baked beans by itself is 300 calories, so I can eat the equivalent of four cans of baked beans in one day and thats it. I just can't sustain the amount for extended periods of time, a whole one to two weeks worth of progress will go down the drain if I mess up just one day and I have to start the weeks again. Then the whole thing fails and my weight goes back to where it started.

Also the people around me do not help. It's so hard to control my calories when everything I have to go to like birthday parties, social gatherings, or just Sundays at my inlaws house is always based around food. I try to say no and be strong at these gatherings but its no use. I'm at the point where i just can't go or i will mess up, but thats not always an option, especially where my inlaws are concerned, they would not take kindly if i stopped going. I've asked before if we can come round without food involved, nope not a chance. I feel hopeless. I just want to stay away from the food because I know that I can't say no but I feel like I can't avoid it without upsetting people...

Also, I want to point out that I'm already exercising as much as I physically can. My job is 30 hours a week and entirely on my feet, I have a dog that needs walking twice a day, and I do Les Mills gym classes four to five times a week, plus just regular household cleaning and chores. Exercise makes absolutely zero difference in my weight loss, if anything it seems to ruin it even more. 1200 calories probably sounds too little for that amount of exercise and I do try to eat accordingly with each day, but I swear if I eat more than 1200-1400 even on a workout day, I will not lose weight, I'll actually probably gain it.

I just don't know what to do. I'm at a complete loss. I can't stand looking at photos of myself anymore because how big I look in them makes me so upset. I feel so disgusting, I just don't want people to see me. I have a picture of me and my husband at our wedding when i was a really good weight and it just breaks my heart to look at it now when it should make me feel happy. I've lost weight once before i was married so I know I can do it but I just can't do it this time and I'm so miserable.

Anyway, sorry if you've actually read this stupid rant. Any help would be great but I mostly just wanted to write down my thoughts. Thanks.

submitted by /u/rltazumarill
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/8dCgVlb

No comments:

Post a Comment