Wednesday, April 26, 2023

ADHD meds and weight loss

I (16f) am around 5’9 and 198 pounds. i’ve always had a problem with overeating and not being able to stop eating even when i’m so full it hurts. I got diagnosed with ADHD when i was 13, and i recently decided that i would start taking meds in order to concentrate better at school. i’ve been trying to lose weight by counting calories for as long as i can remember, but i’ve never managed to actually stick to it (the longest i managed to stick to it was 4 days😟) and i honestly never thought i’d be able to lose the weight. however, since starting my meds my view of food has completely changed, i don’t have a constant need to eat, and i honestly view it more as a chore than something i look forward to. after a couple weeks my mom started getting concerned about how little i was eating compared to what i used to so she booked me a doctors appointment. when i talked to my doctor she actually explained to me that my excessive eating was probably caused by my ADHD, she told me that it’s actually really common for people with ADHD to struggle with eating the same way that i do. Ik it’s wrong but i honestly feel really annoyed with myself for not realizing this and doing something about it sooner. my doctor also told me that i should stop trying to actively lose weight, her reasoning being that im so young, and that she’s scared i could “eventually develop an eating disorder ”. has anyone experienced anything similar? all advice is greatly appreciated<3

submitted by /u/Sharp_Ninja_3196
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vIALH5h

No comments:

Post a Comment