Friday, April 21, 2023

How do I stop self sabotaging my progress around milestones?

It’s a pattern I’ve recognized in myself every time I attempt to lose weight. Usually the trigger is getting to a weight I couldn’t wait to reach like the half way point or fitting into a dress I am dying to wear. Sometimes it’s the next incremental change like 180 to 170 or 172 to 160.

Basically I see the scale lower than I have ever seen it or try on that clothing item and I feel a sense of excitement and achievement. This leads me to feel like “I made it” or “hardest part is over” and I eat recklessly or pull back my effort which ultimately leads me to lose a lot of my progress and start over a few weeks after. Logically I’m no where near done with my weight loss and I’ve only hit a milestone. I have more to go and a long way to go.

I’m not sure why I do this. Anyone else do this or understand why it happens?

submitted by /u/iwishcookieinme
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/m08GRH9

No comments:

Post a Comment