Sunday, April 30, 2023

No longer obese!

Started in July 2021 at 287 lbs. M 5'8". 22 months later and I'm 194.8! It feels like a weight has been lifted. A 92 pound weight but also more. I'd shake when kneeling. Now it's normal. I'd aim for 9 miles a week on the threadmill in 135 minutes. Now I'm at 12 miles in the same time. Would do a 5k in over 45 minutes probably. In the last 2 months, I've completed two 5ks at 34 and 36 minutes. Size 50 suit is down to 42. 40 waist down to 34.

These aren't stats a healthy person would be proud of, and I still am guilty of comparing myself to healthy people, but it's a start. Better to be almost obese than well into Class III Obesity. Better to be 240 than 250. That 10 lbs is probably the weight you started biceps, it was two 5 lb dumbbells for me and I was struggling that day. My message, which I should listen to also, is you improve with weight loss. You go further and faster, clothes are looser, stairs are just a slower elevator instead of a punishment, you're at the gym instead of drinking with friends.

It might not seem fair that your healthy friend can go 10 miles in an hour, but 4 or 5 miles is more than the 2 or 3 you used to do. It's not magic, it's hard work to increase speed. Imagine driving your car at 60 and then flooring it to 90. Sure a Porsche will go 200 but you're still getting a ticket!

submitted by /u/gpm21
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/szxw9Kj

No comments:

Post a Comment