Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Finally broke a plateau after a year but now I’ve hit a plateau again! Why is weight loss so hard?

I was stuck at 65kg for 1 year and I finally buckled down and counted calories. In 2 months I dropped to 62kg. Not a lot but considering I plateaued for a year I was extremely happy with the progress. I thought I figured out the secret of weight loss (ie it’s really all about calories in and calories out). My weight loss progress was exactly aligned with my calorie counting. Like no kidding I had a spreadsheet and everything and my weigh ins were within 5% of my forecasted weight loss. I stepped on the scale today for my biweekly weigh in expecting a 1 kg loss or perhaps more because I’ve been eating really clean and working out a lot. I weighed in 0.1kg heavier than my previous weigh in! I know our body weight fluctuates and what is 1 kg in the bigger picture but it’s still frustrating knowing that you’re putting all the work and yet the scale isn’t budging. I’m telling myself that I just need to keep at it and the scale will eventually budge again. And if it really doesn’t so what? I’m already at a healthy BMI, I know I’m getting toner and I like what I see in the mirror. But there’s a part of me that just wants to get below 60kg. I know it’s arbitrary but I’ve never been below 60kg in my entire adult life and I’m now so close I know I can get there.

submitted by /u/indenial1234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MI6ym3A

No comments:

Post a Comment