Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Feel like everyone thinks I'm lying about my efforts.

I've put more effort into my weight loss this last month than I have in years. I'm walking/biking about 3 miles a day. 6 miles a day is my goal. I've completely changed my eating habits. I got to the gym an hour and a half never stopping to do anything besides work out. And for my efforts, I've gained weight. I'm trying really hard not to let it get to me. I feel stronger and I can lift more weight than I could a month ago.

I've talked to a nutritionist, my doctor and had a gym assessment. They all sound so critical to me. Like they don't believe me. I just blew up in the living room telling my husband how annoyed I was with the nurse and doctor today.

The nurse tried to tell me my clothing added 9lbs of weight onto the scale and my doctor wanted to do an AC1 test out of the blue. I told her no because you can't just talk that test, you have to fast first. She should know this.

I was there because I pulled something in my leg at the gym and I wanted to know what I should do to not aggravate it and still be able to work out. But everything went straight to my weight as the problem. Like I don't know this.

On top of all that she told me, my time spent at the gym isn't as important as dieting. When asked what I eat. I told her mostly vegetables, beans, salads, and chicken, and that I do have carbs in the morning, sometimes oatmeal when I get tired of eggs. She zero'd in on that. Telling me that oatmeal can have a lot of carbs. I actually struggle to eat too. I'm one of those people that picks through the day. Eating dedicated meals 2-3 times a day is hard. Especially with Gerd and gastritis.

I just feel like there is no winning with these people. I appreciate the advice but this doesn't feel like advice it feels like they're grasping at straws.

Also, I'm getting conflicting caloric levels from everyone. The gym said I should be eating around 1700, the nutritionist said 1900 and an online assessment said 2200. I can see why people get fed up with this and quit.

submitted by /u/Ns53
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/gTcYmpk

No comments:

Post a Comment