Tuesday, April 25, 2023

How do people treat you after weight loss?

I’ve lost 60 lb. I’m proud of myself and feel great. It never crossed my mind whether people treat me differently because I’m overweight. And then the other day, it finally hit me.

I work in the office building. Offices from the second and third floors share the one break room. I usually don’t interact with people from other offices but I know everyone’s face. So, this guy who has been passing me for the last three years, never said a word to me, not even a hello, suddenly approached me and was like “Hi, my name is John Doe, I’m from the third floor. I’ve never met you, so I decided to introduce myself.” We chatted a little bit and he was surprised to hear I’ve been working here for three years. He told me they often go out on Friday night and I can join a group if I wish.

Last Friday, I went out with everyone. Turns out, there are many people who go to happy hour, half my office was there. When I got home I actually sobbed. I know I know, I felt sorry for myself and angry. Angry because I was invisible before. I was invisible because I was overweight. The guy who walked by me Monday through Friday for the last three years didn’t bother to introduce himself to fat girl.

The vent is over

submitted by /u/Natural-Context-3574
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/a6bv7WB

No comments:

Post a Comment