Thursday, April 20, 2023

Just remember that weight loss is for yourself. Not others. Don't let other people's bad comments add weight on you.

I'm 5'10", male, and 196 pounds right now. I started my weight loss journey at 282 pounds, a year and a couple of months ago. I want to start off by saying how happy I am with my weight loss, and how I don't let others feelings or opinions get to me. I am losing weight at a healthy rate, and before corona virus I would always get a good blood test result. I am not eating constant junk. The reason that I can handle hearing what I do from others is because my weight loss is personal. It's for me. For my health. For my desired looks. So long as I'm not losing weight unhealthily, or eating nothing but junk, others opinions don't matter. They may hurt in the moment, but ultimately I can't let them get to me.

At first my family was supportive, but only when they assumed I would lose maybe 10 or 20 pounds. Enough to go down a single size.

When I was 3 or so months in, my mother told me to my face that I would get cancer for losing so much weight. She herself is overweight, at 5'5" and 215~ pounds. We managed to move past that, but it definitely wasn't nice to hear. As time went on, my mother especially would constantly make fun of me by incessantly telling me how rail thin I was.

When I was about a year in or close to it, around 215 pounds, all my family started telling me how I was basically a skeleton and I needed to stop. Whenever I hit a small plateau of two or three weeks I'd get told about how my body "had lost all it possibly could" and to just stop losing weight already. I always proved them wrong.

Now in the current day, I get told how I'm absolutely going to get sick. Not any particular illness, just "sick". God forbid I ask them to explain why they think so. And as if they care when I lay out my calorie goals and the spread of food I eat.

I just wanted to let you guys know my experiences, and maybe to vent a little. None of us are alone guys. There are others like us.

I hope you all have a nice day! Keep at it!

submitted by /u/Mobile_Try_4237
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/oA7eBzN

No comments:

Post a Comment