Saturday, April 22, 2023

From 320 lbs to 175 lbs

Hey guys, writing this to share my journey and hopefully say something that someone needs to hear. I was the fat kid as far as I can remember, it was something I carried for so long that it became part of my identity. I had tried everything, nutritionists, weight loss pills, personal trainer, thousands of failed attempts of starting a diet. By the time I was 17 I weighed 320 lbs, my health was at risk, nobody believed in me, a bariatric surgery looked to be just around the corner and of course my self-esteem was close to none. Now that I painted the picture, here’s how I did it:

  • Understand that it is a process, it is going to take time, there will be a learning curve, so the best way to do it is taking a day at a time.
  • Don’t underestimate the power of walking. Since I was very overweight and did not like gym and couldn’t really play any sports, walking really helped me. I’d say walking around 10k steps is the sweet spot.
  • Having a satisfying breakfast, a regular lunch and a small dinner came a long way.
  • You’re going to be hungry, get used to it, but trust me you WILL get used to it.
  • Reserve ONE cheat meal a week, go crazy but not too crazy, there’s nothing worse than seeing a week’s progress go away for just a meal
  • Last but not least, here are some foods that that really helped me and others that I avoided to reach my goals. Eat it list: Avocado, Cottage cheese, Canned tuna, chicken and toasts Avoid it list: Sweets, nuts, pasta, cereal bars. Now I’m 22 and weigh 175 lbs. Everything is possible, trust yourself and do what works for YOU.
submitted by /u/ZookeepergameOk6488
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MfbiAXB

No comments:

Post a Comment