Saturday, April 29, 2023

Just ran my first 5k after losing 40 pounds!

First let me just start off by saying how emotional I feel right now. My life is revolved around charity. I work in nonprofit, helped nonprofits from age 21 on, and have been a big competitor and fundraiser for gaming nonprofits, but before today, before last July, I thought I would never be strong enough, or athletic enough, to do a 5k.

I always did online streaming fundraisers and never participated in 5ks, even though that was something everyone I knew tried to get me into.

I started my weight loss about 9 months ago. I (35, M) was close to 250 and now I'm sitting at 207.

I kept working out at minimum 3 times a week, I ran as much as I could every week, but it didn't start easy. I could only walk when I started last July. Walking turned to fast walking, then to longer distances, and finally I committed to joining a gym and using couch to 5k.

I took videos of my after workout almost each week to keep me on track, and months later I was outside running miles per session.

Thanks for anyone on here that gave me some tips or pointers leading me here. I have a new goal and that's a 10k. But more 5ks will be sure to come. If you are also trying to fo your 5k, the strength to do so WILL come, just be patient and never skip a week!

Hazzah!

submitted by /u/ClemClementine12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WSIqYtQ

No comments:

Post a Comment